The Associazione Amici Della Musica “Guido Albanese” invites composers of all ages and nationalities to participate in the 6th “Carlo Sanvitale” Composition Competition. The composition should be challenging, but at the same time accessible and playable by young talented players. The goals of the contest are:
- To offer young composers the possibility to have their works performed live;
- The possibility to acquire experience with a chamber ensemble (“Complesso da Camera del Conservatorio di Benevento”).
The Competition is open to composers and students of all ages and nationalities.
The submitted works must satisfy the following criteria:
- Orchestration (max.): 2 violins, viola, cello, piano, tenor or soprano. Works whose instrumentation includes other instruments will not be taken into account for the competition;
- The length of the composition must be between 3 and 10 minutes;
- All supplementary documents (music, bio sketch, program notes) must be submitted to the jury along with the score;
- Scores must be sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The composer will receive a confirmation via e-mail;
- The composition must be original and never published before;
- Compositions that have already been played/performed are ELIGIBLE for submission;
- The composer waives performance rights specifically for the public performance by the Associazione Amici Della Musica Guido Albanese;
- The difficulty level of the composition must correspond to the skills of an advanced amateur chamber ensemble with a conductor;
- Each candidate may submit two compositions per year. The same composition can be submitted twice, at most.
VEDI BANDI – SEE ANNOUNCEMENT