Bando del Concorso: bando conc composiz_Layout 1
The –Associazione Amici Della Musica “Guido Albanese”, based in Ortona (I) invites composers of all ages and nationalities to participate in the “Carlo Sanvitale” Composition Competition, that takes places every year.
After the selection process, a chamber group select, amongst the compositions ranked “finalist”, the pieces to be performed during the final concert.
This year, the concert has taken place in Istituto Nazionale Tostiano in Ortona (I) on August 13th. A single rehearsal took place on August 12th. In this video, Mariarita D’Orazio, the Ensemble Davi and Giacomo di Tollo are performing the pieces selected by the joint Central Committee and Davi Ensamble evaluation. The central evaluation Committee was composed of:
- Roberto Tagliamacco, Director of the Conservatorio “Niccolò Paganini”, Ge-nova (I),
- Gerhard Praesent, Professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz and President of “Steirischen Tonkünstlerbundes” (AT)
- Luigi Verdi, full professor of Composition at Conservatorio “Santa Cecilia”, Roma (I)
- Giacomo Danese, full professor of Harmony and Analysis at Conservatorio “Luisa D’Annunzio”, Pescara (I)
- Pierpaolo Turetta, titular organist at San Marco Cathedral, Venezia (I)
- Hafedh Makni, Musical Chief Director of Carthage Symphony Orchestra (TN)
Along with selected finalist compositions, Giacomo di Tollo (piano) will perform a variation on the National Italian Anthem composed by Luigi Verdi, in the framework of the Novaro Project by Garibaldi Society (ANVRG).